The name of the society shall be BANGALORE UROLOGICAL SOCIETY except when expressly specified, the word society hereafter shall mean BANGALORE UROLOGICAL SOCIETY.
The registered office of the society shall be situated in Bangalore in the state of Karnataka and,for the time being, at Bangalore Hospital, R.V.Road ,Bangalore.
Objectives & Purpose
The objects for which this society is established are :
- To further the academic interests of its members.
- To create and foster a spirit of goodwill and understanding amongst its members and in between the society and other similar organisations.
- Conduct regular scientific sessions to help its members refresh and update their professional knowledge.
- To conduct and sponsor teaching and training programmes and workshops for updating existing skills and for imparting new skills among the members.
- To conduct such programmes as of social interest to the members of the society.
- To undertake such activities as to put the society on sound financial footing to further the above mentioned objectives.
||Designation in relation to the society
||President Elect. 1
||Hon. Secretary 1
||Council Members 3
||Past president 1
||Past Secretary 1
Income & Property
The income and property of the society, howsoever derived, shall be applied towards the promotion of the objects there of as set forth in this Memorandum of Association. No portion of the income and property of the society shall be paid or transferred, directly or indirectly, by way of dividends, bonus or otherwise, howsoever by way of profits to any persons who at any time are or have been member of the society or to any of them or to any persons claiming through them or any of them, provided that nothing herein contained shall present the payment in good faith of remuneration to any members thereof and other persons in return for any service rendered to the society.
Communication from the Registrar of societies
All communications may be sent by the Registrar to the President / Secretary, Bangalore Urological Society. We the undersigned are desirous of forming a society under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act, 1960 in pursuance of this Memorandum of Association.
RULES AND REGULATIONS Title :
These Rules and Regulations may be called Rules and Regulations of the Bangalore Urological Society.
- In these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires :
- “Society” means Bangalore Urological Society.
- “The Act” means The Karnataka Societies Registration Act, 1960 and the Rules framed thereunder for the time being in force.
- “Bye-laws” means the Bye-laws framed from time to time.
- “President” means the President of the Society for the time being appointed by the General Body.
- “Executive Committee” means the committee constituted under and in accordance with these rules and to which by these rules the management of the affairs of the society is entrusted.
- “Member” means a person who has been admitted to the membership of the society in accordance with the rules.
- “Secretary” means the Secretary for the time being of the society and any temporary substitute for him.
Members of the society Full members
- Members shall be qualified Urologists interested in and practising Urology.
- Membership will be confirmed in writing to the applicant, only after acceptance by the executive committee at its next general body meeting with a 2/3 majority. This will be presented to the general body for clearance and recording of objections if any.
- Once a person qualifies to become a life member, he remains so with voting rights irrespective of the place he resides (i.e., in case he is away from Bangalore, tenure, post, etc.)
- Membership of the Urological Society of India is not mandatory for membership of society.
All PG students (Mch or DNB) working Urology may pay for and be considered full member of the society but without voting powers till his or her graduation, when he or she will be granted full membership rights with no additional payment.The application for membership shall be in the prescribed format.
All the full members shall be life members of the society and the membership fee shall be Rs. 1000/- which shall be paid in a lumpsum after acceptance of his membership application but before actually enrolled as a member of society.
The application for new members is available in the section "Join Uroblr "
b: All associate members will pay one time fee of Rs. 1000.
Cessation of membership.
Any member may resign from his membership at any time by serving a notice in writing to the Hon. Secretary. Such resignation shall not relieve the member from the responsibility to pay any dues to the society prior to cessation of membership.
- The council shall have the powers to terminate membership of any member if it is found.
- That material facts supplied in the application is incorrect.
- Guilty of unprofessional behaviour.
- Working against the interests of the society provided that the member concerned is offered full opportunity to present his case to the council provided that further termination shall be confirmed by 2/3rd majority of members present at the Annual General Body meeting by voting.
- The officers of the society shall be President, President Elect, Secretary and Treasurer.
- The officers shall be elected at the Annual General Body meeting from a list of suggested nominations submitted to the council.
- The President, President Elect, Secretary and Treasurer shall be elected for a one year term and shall hold office from the day following the termination of the Annual General Body meeting at which they are elected to the termination of the succeeding Annual General body meeting. The President is not eligible for immediate re-election. The President Elect shall succeed as the President for the next year without any elections for that post. The Secretary and the Treasurer may be re-elected for a term of only one more year.
- The President shall preside over the Annual General Body meeting and all meetings of the council. He shall exercise general supervision of the affairs of the society and shall perform any other duties assigned to him by the council.
- The President Elect shall perform all duties of the President in the absence of the latter or at his request.
- The Secretary shall look after the day to day affairs of the society under the direction of the council. He shall be responsible for summoning all meetings, preparing agenda and keeping minutes of all meetings. He shall be incharge of the files, documents, books and other papers of the society. He shall be responsible for maintaining a register of all the members. He shall be responsible for preparing the annual report to be presented to the council and Annual General Body meeting
- The treasurer shall be responsible for reviewing all subscriptions and other dues from members for paying all the bills and preparing an audited statement of Accounts and balance sheet annually to the council and the General Body meeting on request from the Secretary. He shall pay authorised bills of the society. He shall be responsible for notifying all the members of society regarding their dues.
Executive Committee (Council) :
Shall consist of elected officers and three other ordinary members duly elected to the committee. Their term of office shall be three years (except during the first two years during which one of the three will retire at the end of one year and the other at the end of two years as decided by executive committee). Every year the member who has completed three years shall retire and another member shall be elected in his place.
- The executive committee shall constitute the executive authority of the society in all matters – Scientific, Business, Financial or others.
- The Executive Committee shall be responsible for arrangement for all points of Annual General Body Meeting.
- The Executive Committee shall have powers for appointing any other sub-committee for any specific purpose which shall function under the Executive Committee.
- The Executive Committee shall have powers to invest money of the society with due regard to the existing laws and no money shall be spent except with the authorisation of the General body.
- The Executive Committee shall meet on the call of the President and five members shall constitute the quorum.
- The term of the President and Secretary will be from 1st January to 31st December of the year.
- Monthly academic meetings will be usually held on last friday of each month with or without pharma sponsors and once a year TS Jairam Memorial Workshop will be held in the month of September or October of each year
Election of the offices of the society and to the membership of the Executive Committee shall be held at the time of the Annual General Body Meeting by simple majority voting. The nominations for the post shall be sent to the Secretary at least fifteen days prior to the Annual General Body Meeting with the consent of the member duly endorsed by two full members. If no such application is received nominations shall be called from the floor at the time of the Annual General Body meeting.
Vacancies of any officers arising before the election shall be managed by co-operation by the E.C.
General Body meeting
- It shall be held once in a year at such place and time as notified by the Secretary with the approval of the council. Notice of such a meeting shall be sent to all members two weeks prior to the stipulated date of the meeting.
- The Executive Committee shall have the powers to call for such other meetings of the general body as may be necessary and it shall be called Special General Body meeting with a notice of seven days.
- Apart from the above provisions one third of the full members can call for meeting which shall be called Extra Ordinary General Body meeting.
- The general body meeting shall be the ultimate authority in all matters relating to the administration of the society.
Agenda of the Annual AGM shall be
- To consider the report of Executive Committee
- To consider the report of Secretary, Treasurer and audited statement of accounts and the balance sheet.
- To approve the admission of new members as recommended by the Executive Committee.
- To elect office bearers and members of Executive Committee.
- To consider any other resolutions or amendments to rules submitted by the members.
- Quorum for the meeting shall be constituted by ten full members. If no quorum is found, the meeting shall be dissolved and reassembled after 15 minutes when no quorum is required.
Resolutions and amendments to the rules and regulations to be moved by any member shall be sent to the Secretary seven days in advance of the general body meeting. Amendments to the by laws will require two third majority vote of members present for approval.
No amendments to the Memorandum of Association and rules & regulations shall be made which may prove to be repugnant to the provisions of sections 2(15), 11, 12, 13 and 80G of Income Tax Act, 1961 as amended from time to time. Further no such amendment shall be carried out without the prior approval of Commissioner of Income Tax / Director of Income Tax (I.T. exemptions)
- The fees received as life membership shall be deposited in such financial institution and such a manner as the E.C. may decide provided that no part of such fees shall be utilised as expenses of the society. The day to day administration of the society shall be managed by the interest accrued from investment of such fees.
- The Bank Account of the society shall be in a scheduled bank approved by the E.C. and the transactions shall be carried out by the treasurer. All cheques with signature of at least two officer bearers on of whom should be the treasurer and the second being either the President or the Secretary.
- Society shall build up its funds in such a manner and utilise in such a manner and for such purposes as the E.C. shall decide from time to time.
- The financial year of the society shall be end of 31st of March every year.
Any surplus funds not needed for immediate requirements of the society shall be invested in the modes specified under the provisions of sections 13(1)(d) read with section 11(5) of the Income Tax Act, 1961 as amended from time to time.
Accounts & Audit
Proper books of Account shall be maintained by the society on an up-to-date basis and same shall be audited annually by a Chartered Accountant as defined in the Chartered Accounts Act 1949.
Any number not less than three fifths of the members of the society may determine that the society shall be dissolved and thereupon it shall be dissolved forthwith, or at the time then agreed upon and all necessary steps shall be taken for disposal and settlement of property of the society, its claims and liabilities. If upon dissolution or termination of the society there shall remain after discharge of all debts and liabilities any property or funds whatsoever, they shall be given or transferred to an institution or institution having similar objectives as the society and which enjoys recognition under section 80G of the Income Tax Act, 1961 as amended from time to time, which shall be decided by votes of not less than three fifths of the members of the group at the meeting at the time of dissolution.
Benefits open to all :
The benefits of the society shall be open to all irrespective of caste, creed or religion. We hereby subscribe to the Rules and regulations.